Quad Video Baluns (Coax to Cat 5 Converters)
Video Technology for long range high resolution CCTV video surveillance with excellent immunity against EMI/RFI interference.
EQL's CCTV Video Baluns (Coaxial to Cat 5 Converters) allows video to be transmitted over twisted pair Cat 5 cable with virtually little or no interference. For more information on the benefits of using Cat 5 twisted pair cabling for connecting CCTV Cameras instead of traditional coaxial cables use this link Coax to Cat 5 Application.
All EQL's products are manufactured to ISO 9002 standards
As our guarantee of performance and quality our products come with a 12 months replacement warranty.
In many security applications, video signal is carried over 75 ohm coaxial cabling and there is a need to convert to balanced transmission using lower cost 100 ohm twisted pair cables.
The E10172 Quad Video Balun has been specifically designed to aggregate 4 video inputs via BNC female connectors at one end and provide corresponding video output using another Quad Video Balun at the other end by interconnecting the two Quad Video Baluns back to back via modular RJ45 male connectors that are terminated to good quality 4 pair twisted cable.
Major Features of Quad CCTV Video Balun:
- Offers 4 video path from BNC Female into 1 RJ45 socket.
- Bi-directional signal conversion.
- High Reliability and Durability
- Housed in a fire retardant wall mountable Case
- Impedance 75 to 100 ohm
- Low cost, high quality and performance
- Passive device (no power supply required)
- Stable over working temperature between 0 oC to +55 oC
Specifications for CCTV Quad Video Baluns:
- Bandwidth DC to 8 Mhz
- 75 Ohm BNC to 100 ohm RJ45
- Maximum input: 1.1 Vp-p
- Insertion Loss <2 dB to 8 MHz
- Common Mode Rejection >40 dB @ 8Mhz
- Crosstalk: >51 dB to 8 MHz - see below
- Return Loss >12 dB to 8 MHz - see below
- Maximum distance color: To 400m (1300 ft) Cat 5e
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 55 oC Storage: -22 to 80 oC Humidity: 95%
- Casing: Fire retardant plastic